Saturday 18 September 2010

Portrait Two

This is my most recent body of work. I’m getting back into pencil, in fact I LOVE PENCIL. It’s great as one can be carried around with you in your pocket, you can rub it out (I don’t actually own a rubber but if I did I would use it) and every pencil is different, do you want a 2B, 3B, 6B or perhaps just an H? When you reach for a pencil it’s like a mini lottery, which one are you going to get…? An H, crap I wanted a 2B.

This is what happened when I rediscovered pencil.









I’ve started drawing pin-ups. I think if I was ever going to teach some one to draw (over the age of sixteen) I would make them copy pin ups. It’s great, just draw out the outline then it’s almost paint by numbers. Once you have mastered copying you can just create any scenario you want. How about I women in a maid's uniform straddling a giant fish? Easy.




I do plan on doing more pin-ups so watch this space.

(N.B. For some great pin-ups check out Jay Scott Pike and Gil Elvgren this is where the above are taken from.)




No comments:

Post a Comment