Saturday 18 September 2010

Abstracts

It’s like Marmite you either love it or hate it. I began painting abstracts in school because I was forced to by my teacher. I wasn’t pleased at first but once I started I couldn’t stop. I haven’t always loved abstract art; I think it’s an acquired taste which I didn’t used to have. Now I can’t get enough.

My abstracts are still in the really early stages, it will take years before they become stand alone paintings. However I do enjoy looking at them, you can even find some of them hanging in my house and they look good so for now that'll do.











(N.B. Some of my favourite Abstract artists include John Hoyland, Andy Stewart and Albert Irvin. All current London based artists whose work is affordable, if you have several thousand of pounds to spend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment