Saturday 18 September 2010

Foundation


When I was at school I had, to all intent and purpose, the idea of becoming an artist. I wanted to study fine art at The Slade and then go to France and do a Masters. To achieve this I had to do what everyone who wants to do anything remotely artistic does, I went on a foundation course. This did not agree with me, I produced some mediocre art and I wasn’t allowed to draw which irritated me. I did however get fairly carried away with cutting things… and prit stick.

This was the result…


I know I said my art wasn’t meant to say anything but at the time, and I don’t think I speak alone here when I say, that every British citizen was sick to death of our government so I attempted some political art. In my opinion it did not work and I felt like a pretentious ____ (insert four letter world beginning with tw and rhyming with fat.) However I did like the composition and from this came some other pieces that I also liked.









No comments:

Post a Comment